Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
T0D86UA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

star wars edition i5 laptop uses alot  plugged in all the time puchased at aarons ouright now only charges after being unplugged a while i tried uninstall microsoft acpi adapter ??in dev mngr  . seems work good now always happpens after i see full batt and wanna unplug  so i do 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@gadawgz76, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Update BIOS on your computer

Install a BIOS update when Windows opens and you have Internet access.

Step 1: Prepare to update the BIOS

To prevent possible problems, close any open applications, and temporarily disable antivirus software and BitLocker before updating the BIOS.

• Make sure the power cord is connected to the notebook. Keep it connected during the BIOS update process.

• Close any open applications.

• Temporarily disable your antivirus software. In Windows, search for an open Security and Maintenance settings, and then click Security to access virus protection settings.

• Disable BitLocker Drive Encryption. In Windows, search for and open Manage BitLocker. Click Suspend protection, and then click Yes. Be prepared and have the BitLocker recovery key available.

CAUTION: 

If BitLocker is not disabled, the next time you restart the computer the BitLocker key might not be recognized. If you do not know the BitLocker recovery key, you might lose data or need to reinstall Windows.

Suspending BitLocker protection

Step 2: Get the computer product number, motherboard ID, BIOS version, and processor name

To find the correct BIOS update, obtain the computer’s product name and number, motherboard ID, BIOS version, and processor name.

1. Using the notebook keyboard, press the fn and esc keys to open the HP System Information utility.

• In Windows 10, you might need to download HP System Information from the Windows store.

• If the key press combination does not work go to How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? for more information on obtaining product information.

NOTE: 

These keyboard presses do not work if you use a docking station and an external keyboard.

HP System Information window

2. Write down the Product name and number, Motherboard ID, BIOS version, and Processor name.

Step 3: Install the BIOS update

Download a BIOS update from the HP website.

1. Go to the HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads page.

2. If a Let's identify your product to get started page displays, click Laptop.

3. Type the product name for your HP or Compaq computer in the search field, and then click Submit.

4. If a Matching products webpage opens, select your product number from the list.

5. In the operating system section, click Change.

6. Use the drop-down menus to select the original operating system that came with your computer, and then click Change again.

7. From the list, find the BIOS category, and then click the plus sign + to expand the category.

CAUTION: 

Read the Details section to confirm that the BIOS update is more recent then the one installed and that it applies to your computer. Installing the wrong BIOS could cause your computer to stop working.

• If you do not see a BIOS update listed for your computer, no update is currently available.

• If there are multiple BIOS updates available, identify the motherboard installed on your computer using the information you wrote down from the System Information utility in the previous step.

• If you find a BIOS update, click Download, and then click Save.

8. Browse to the folder or desktop where you saved the downloaded BIOS update file, and then double-click the file name (example: sp12345) to start the installation.

The computer might beep, turn off and on the display or cooling fans, or display a blinking power light. This is normal.

CAUTION: 

Do not turn off or restart the computer until the update process completes.

Location of saved BIOS update on computer

9. If a The app you're trying to install isn't a verified app from the Store message displays, click Install anyway.

Clicking Install anyway

10. Click Yes on the User Account Control screen.

Clicking Yes to allow the update to install

11. On the InstallShield Wizard window, click Next.

Clicking Next in the InstallShield Wizard

12. Select I accept the terms in the license agreement, and then click Next.

Agreeing to End User License Agreement

13. On the HP BIOS Update and Recovery window, click Next.

NOTE: 

Windows that display during the update process might vary depending on your computer.

Clicking Next on HP BIOS Update and Recovery window

14. Select Update, and then click Next to prepare the update.

Selecting Update in HP BIOS Update and Recovery

15. Click Restart Now to install the update.

Clicking Restart Now to install the update

16. On the HP BIOS Update screen, click Apply Update Now, or wait for the update to start automatically.

Clicking Apply Update Now

17. Wait while the BIOS update installs. The computer displays the installation progress.

Screen displaying progress of the BIOS update installation

18. When prompted, click Continue Startup, or wait for the computer to restart automatically. It might take a few minutes for the computer to restart.

Clicking Continue Startup

19. When the lock screen displays, log in to your computer.

The lock screen displays after a successful BIOS update.

20. If BitLocker was suspended, search Windows for BitLocker, and then click Resume Protection.

21. Re-enable your antivirus software.

If the issue persists, try testing and calibrating the battery. Refer to this document HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows) for instructions.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.