Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15p-059er
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my notebook is HP Pavilion 15 p-series. I had a problem with NVIDA 840m in my laptop. it gives code 22 error. when i updated the driver and enable it, my notebook started to restart itself continuously. I opened my notebook in safe mode and disabled Nvida driver. Now notebook works in Intel(R) HD graphics. I thought the problem related with the bios. So, I wanted to update the Bios. when I started to update BIOS, failure happened and the updating did not started.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ruslan5 In most cases, a Code 22 error means that the device was manually disabled but you may also see a Code 22 error if Windows is forced to disable the device due to a lack

of system resources.

How to Fix a Code 22 Error

1. Enable the device. 
    Since the most common reason you'll see a Code 22 error in Device Manager is that the device has been manually disabled, try manually enabling it. Most of the time this will fix a Code 22 issue. Don't worry if it doesn't, however. All that means is that the Code 22 you're seeing was caused by something a bit less common.

2. Restart your computer
    if you haven't already. There's always the chance that the error Code 22 you're seeing on a device was caused by a temporary problem with the hardware. If so, a restart of your computer might be all you need to fix the Code 22 error.

3. Did you install a device or make a change in Device Manager just before the Code 22 error appeared? If so, it's highly likely that the change you made caused the Code 22 error. Undo the change if you can, restart your PC, and then check again for the Code 22 error.

Depending on the changes you made, some solutions might include:

1. Removing or re-configuring the newly installed device
    2. Rolling back the driver to a version prior to your update
    3. Using System Restore to undo recent Device Manager related changes
    4. Reinstall the drivers for the device. Uninstalling and then reinstalling the drivers for the device is one possible solution to a Code 22 error.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.