Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The latest Nvidia "Studio" (not the Gaming) graphics driver should install on this PC.

It has a Nvidia RTX Studio sticker on the palmrest!

It ships with the Nvidia Gaming graphics driver, but not with the alternative Nvidia Studio graphics driver.

Nvidia allows you to easily switch between the Gaming and Studio drivers. Assuming both are installed.

442.92 is the Nvidia Studio graphics driver version (latest).

Installer error code:

Nvidia Installer cannot continue.

The Nvidia graphics driver is incompatible with this version of Windows.

This graphics driver could not fine compatible graphics hardware.

This laptop (2020 HP Envy 15 laptop 15-ep0035cl (Costco high-end spec)) 

has the Nvidia RTX 2060 Max-Q HW in it.

Windows version is 10 Pro 1909

There are NO other issues with this new PC.

Update June 23:

After searching the Nvidia support forums, I did see at least one other user with the

same problem that the Nvidia GeoForce Experience app doesn't even offer the option

of installing the Studio driver.   So this appears to me to be a Nvidia software issue.

So it was.  Today June 24, 2020, the new Nvidia graphics driver 451.48 was available online at Nvidia.

It has a new Gaming driver and a new Studio driver.  I was able to install both, separately.

But the NVIDIA GEOFORCE Experience program doesn't allow the toggle to easily switch between

the Gaming and Studio drivers. This ability is advertised by Nvidia.   I have to reinstall the driver I want to be active.

Note that this is software from Nvidia and NOT a HP customized version of said driver, so be careful.

I assume that in the future HP will release a customized version of this Nvidia driver (gaming and Studio)

for their laptops.  Those would be the ideal drivers to have.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.