Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen Reactor Wired USB Gaming Mouse
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Where can I download this configuration package for the mouse? The microsoft app store doesn't work for me. Clicking on the download on the ms site does nothing neither the checkout. Is there a link in the HP website?

PS: this is not a notebook I am using with this mouse but there is no appropriate board that I could see.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Rhabola
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

1. Go to Windows Store.
  2. Press Windows key and C at the same time.
  3. Open Settings.
  4. Go to Sync Licenses.
  5. Restart your computer and try to install your app again.

If you're not using an appropriate notebook, then the Omen Command Center App from the Microsoft Store won't work on your model. It is intended for the newer DC series. 

Note: Until you have the Omen command center app installed on the computer. You won't be able to change the lighting colours and other functions. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help, however on my microsoft app store settings there is no option to "sync licenses".

HP Recommended

@Rhabola

I did go through Microsoft support for you and found this article to Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4027498/microsoft-store-fix-problems-with-apps 

This should help! 

Keep me posted.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks again. I followed the steps mentioned in that link. There are were no new updates the system is up to date with win10. I went into app and features and I  uninstalled the omen command center. I then went into the mictosoft store and re-installed it without problems. When I run the application all I get is an error. The error dialog reads the following:

Caption:

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\\AD2F1837.OMENCommandCenter_9.1.2.0_x64_v10z8vjag6...

Description:

Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

So I don't know if the omen command center is installed really or not because I cannot access the windowsapps folder. And I am the only person who uses this desktop system. I could go and mess around with the access rights of the various files and folders but what is happening here is by default. 

HP Recommended

@Rhabola
I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok, I went into the support page, there are 2 options to chat with an agent or to post here in the community forum. So I posted the problem details on the chat after adding the model/serial details of the mouse and submitted the problem but nothing happened afterwards. There was no direct chat or anything. Are they going to contact me via email? Thanks

HP Recommended

@Rhabola

Thank you for posting back. 

As you've performed most relevant troubleshooting steps and the issue persists. I would suggest performing system factory recovery will fix the issue. 

The system factory recovery will put the computer back to his original factory state. Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961#AbT3 to perform a System Recovery (Windows 10)

Note: Back up all personal files and read all caution statements before performing a system recovery.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi, thanks for the response, given the complexity of my desktop and the multiple drives running (around a dozen) I cannot simply reformat the booting drive or re-install win10. So far I use some 3rd party mouse software to control the side buttons. but of course have little control over the mouse sensitivity, RGB etc functionality. 

HP Recommended

@Rhabola

I have sent you a private message with the required details to assist you better.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.