Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavillion x360 Convertible 14-ba0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey this is a bit of a weird one, but when I want to type in my WiFi password, which has the letter 'p' in it, it doesn't register. However, the 'p' button works perfectly fine for everything else, and it's only this button that is causing any problems. I've googled for days but as my problem seems to be unique, I've had zero luck. Any help would be appreciated, TIA xx

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@infinityonmeme

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that you have an HP  Pavillion x360 Convertible 14-ba0xx series laptop. I read that while typing the wifi password, only the letter P does not type/register. However, the letter P works fine every where else. I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

The evidence indicates that the keyboard should be fine as the letter P types everywhere else. I suggest you to check with external keyboard (if available) if you're able to type the letter P for the wifi password.

Another option is to use the "on-screen keyboard" in Windows. You may type "on-screen keyboard" in the Windows search and it should populate. Please click on it and to launch the on screen keyboard.

Hope this helps. Feel free to keep me posted about the results. 

All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

I've run into a similar problem with an HP ZBook 15 G4.  The "p" key does not work on the Windows 10 login screen or lock screen.  When I try other keyboards, the "p" key still doesn't work.  When I try the on-screen keyboard, the "p" key still does not work.  If I remote control the computer, I can successfully copy & paste the password into the box and log in.  If I open Notepad or any other program, the "p" key works perfectly fine.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.