Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
suggs66 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

:-P stream notebook won't turn off or on - power light staying on

Stream

Totally frozen after update

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16542 952 2191
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @suggs66,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!

I have looked into your issue about your HP Stream Notebook and it having startup issues after an update was done. Try performing a hard reset.

You could try a system restore. System restore will help if something automatically updated and did not go well on the Notebook.

When performing a System restore please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices as they can cause issues.

Please get back to me how this goes.

Please click the Accept as Solution, to the right of the Thumbs up icon, if your issues is resolved. Smiley Happy

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
suggs66 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there, sorry but nothing has worked. The power light remains on and won't turn off, so can't turn laptop on or off. No response from anything we try.

0 Kudos
suggs66 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there, sorry but nothing has worked. The power light remains on and won't turn off, so can't turn laptop on or off. No response from anything we try.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16542 952 2191
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @suggs66,

Remove the Power cord and wait till the Notebook runs out of Battery. Once that happens, press the power button three times. 

Insert the Power cord and immediately start pressing the F11 button. Perform a system restore. 

If that does not help you will need to use your  Media device to restore the Notebook back to factory settings.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

I work on behalf of HP
suggs66 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you. Laptop back up and running again. Let the power drain and followed your instructions....cheers

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16542 952 2191
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @suggs66,

Glad all is well.

Thanks for participating in the HP Forums where we want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as you have. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as Accept as Solution to help other community members! To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the Thumbs Up below.

Thanks. 

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation