Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 (brand new)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi - I Can't find the options which normally allow me to change the scrolling direction of the clickpad/touchpad.  They are not available anywhere I've looked.  Can anyone help?  Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @RBerkow

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Try these steps -

1) Right click on the start or Windows icon and open the "Device Manager".
2) Expand the "Mice and other pointing devices".
3) Right click on the "Synaptics TouchPad".
4) Click on uninstall and restart the computer. 

To enable the reverse scroll -

1) Click on the Start or Windows icon and then go to Settings.  

2) Click on Devices > Touchpad. 

3) Click on Additional Settings located on the right side of the screen. 

4) Look for ‘Clickpad settings’, or ‘Device Settings’. If you have Synaptics drivers installed, this tab will have the Synaptics logo.

5) select ‘Two-Finger Scrolling’.

6) On the Two-Finger Scrolling window, select ‘Enable reverse scrolling direction’. Click on Apply,

Let me know how that goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That's how it *should* work.   It isn't a Synaptics trackpad.  It is an Elan clickpad.  There are no option anywhere to go to two finger operation or how to change any options on the clickpad.  I wish it was Synaptics!!  Thank you. 

HP Recommended

@RBerkow

Please reach you to the HP Support in your region, they should be able to help. 

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.