Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (101 Views)

Photo Gallery can't open this photo because you do not have permission to access the file location.

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I'm honestly not sure which board this should be posted in. I am the sole owner of this laptop. One day, all of my pictures said, "Photo Gallery can't open this photo because you do not have permission to access the file location." Not sure what happened. I have thousands of pictures. I need them unlocked the fastest way possible. 

Thanks!

Provost
Message 2 of 4 (77 Views)

Re: Photo Gallery can't open this photo because you do not have permission to access the file locati

@kruszewski2013

It may be the Photo Editing / Managing software that has failed -- if the product to which you refer is the Windows Live Photo Gallery 2011 then the software is old and likely no longer supported.

If this is the case, your pictures are still in the computer, albeit without the catalog settings that provide for face recognition and other organizational features.

For example, look for your photos / images in

C:\Users\Your-Account\Pictures

Commentary

You can use newer software to manage your photos, some of which are available for Windows 7.

If you want to spend money, think about Photoshop.

If you want to use free software to print your photos, consider

HP Photo Creations

The free version of Photo Creations provides basic editing features, tech support through the Photo Creations website, project help, videos, and more.

Reference:

Dragon Document - Help, Suggestions, and Examples:

Print - Programs_and_Methods

Sections – various, including:

• Preparation and Reference
  • HP Photo Creations for Windows and Mac
  • Printing with Paint
  • Printing Photos with Windows Photo Viewer for Windows

Click the Thumbs Up to say Thanks!

Click Post that answers your question "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (70 Views)

Re: Photo Gallery can't open this photo because you do not have permission to access the file locati

Any chance you would be willing to do team viewer and help me? I am having problems with it. I want to get this fixed, upload all my pics online and then factory reset my computer. 

Provost
Message 4 of 4 (65 Views)

@kruszewski2013

kruszewski2013 wrote:

Any chance you would be willing to do team viewer and help me? I am having problems with it. I want to get this fixed, upload all my pics online and then factory reset my computer. 

Nope, sorry.

We do not participate in remote assistance.

You do not want strangers in your computer, even those of us you think are supporting your best interests.

Assuming you can find your photos in Pictures or other folder on the computer, you can certainly copy (do NOT use move) the files to a USB Drive, to your Cloud storage, to a secondary disk -- somewhere other than on the C drive in your computer.

If you want to request help to do a factory reset, please start a new, separate thread under category "Recovery".  Provide exact details (exact computer model, Operating System, and an explanation of what you want / need to do.

I am sorry I could not help further.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation