Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop - 17t-by300 CTO
Microsoft Windows 11

A year ago I bought this HP.  It crashed within the first month, but I couldn't determine why.

Two months later, I discovered the MS MyPhone app crashed the system.

Standard HP customer support said this was beyond their service ability.   They suggested I pay for the Individual support plan.   Instead I disabled the phone app.

Photoshop upgraded and it caused crashes. I checked all the drivers and updated with the HP Support Assistance.

Adobe told me the graphics card wasn't supported with the new version.  I had a 2nd installed, but discovered by Adobe that it wasn't used.  I manually reset Adobe to use that card, but Photoshop still crashed.

Two months ago Camtasia Video Software updated.  Now that crashes the computer.

Those are important development software and the reason I purchased a new computer with a faster hard drive and more memory.  My 8 year old HP can still run those programs, but it's slow.

Three months ago I upgraded to Win 11 hoping it would fix the problem.  It didn't.

Software and drivers all updated.

Tested each program after hard reboot and minimal programs while watching memory ceiling in Task Manager.

Still crashed.

My next option is to pay for the monthly repair subscription.

It's the HP SmartFriend Complete Plan for about $15 USD/mo

Any suggestions?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@tMike1

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

That must be hard. Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,

In order to begin with this issue, as you have been informed this is something beyond our ability and HP smart friend team especially trained with knowledge base of issues and resolutions, as well as tools to optimize computer performance. 

The last thing I can suggest trying to restore a computer back to the factory default, which will isolate whether it’s a software or hardware issue. 

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.