Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows why my ProBook 4710s won't turn on.  It currently has a blinking light on the Power button.  It blinks about every second.  Even when I took the battery out, it still keeps blinking!  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

remove the battery, other peripherals and the AC adapter... press and hold the power button for 20 seconds... plug the AC adapter only and turn on the notebook....

||
//Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

remove the battery, other peripherals and the AC adapter... press and hold the power button for 20 seconds... plug the AC adapter only and turn on the notebook....

||
//Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
HP Recommended

That worked, thanks!  😄

HP Recommended

Can u help me..My probook 4710s was doing the same thing..it was blinking then nothing at all now...i tried the hold power button for 20 sec...Then plugged power in but nothing happened...can it be my battery? does the battery have to be in to or good for it to come on....

HP Recommended

i shutdown through power button with attech the power adapter and morining time turn on but fan speed and caps on light blink aon charging light blinking but notbook no turn on

please give me sloution

HP Recommended
Hey I have the same problem just like zafar_mh has described above what do I do??? But I just shut it down normally and on the morning the same thing and now I tried tried and the light blinks every second..
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with my HP ProBook 4525s. It doesn't come back from sleep mode, and the CapsLock light blinks. 

HP Recommended

It WORKED!!  Thanks!!

HP Recommended
Hi am using HP probook 4710s it is not working
The status is poet light & message light is steady
The display is blank

Please help me in this issue
HP Recommended
Poet. Power
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.