Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15t-bc000 CTO (ENERGY STAR)

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is exactly the correct board, so please redirect me if it isn't.

On several previous occasions, I utilized files that were most likely under some form of copyright/were acquired through methods that would most likely be in violation of some Terms of Service. I realize that this is something that you're not supposed to do and wanted to check if my accounts, permission to use HP products, etc. were in jeopardy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@hvsdbnd 

HP has no interest on what you access using your PC, so that should not be a concern.

You're demanding a legal position, and as I already told you, we can not provide that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@hvsdbnd 

We're not attorneys here and can provide no legal assistance of any kind -- and if you're asking about using non-HP software, we would not be involved in that anyway, since that is not our concern.

You need to contact the specific vendor of the software that you are concerned about to get their readings on possible copyright violations -- we can not assist in that.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for the detailed response.

That all basically makes sense, but if possible, could you confirm if there would be any repercussions on HP's end (regarding like allowed use of my HP laptop etc.) if copyrighted materials have been accessed on said laptops?

No problem if not.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@hvsdbnd 

HP has no interest on what you access using your PC, so that should not be a concern.

You're demanding a legal position, and as I already told you, we can not provide that.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.