Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Support Assistant
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have two HP notebooks, one at my home and one at my mother's.

Since a few days ago, when I use my home notebook, on HP Support Assistant I see the alert with the "!" icon due to the other notebook has to be updated and vice versa.

Both the notebooks are up-to-date.

Why doesn't HP Support Assistant align their status as it happened before?

Sorry for my poor English, thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Eventually I solved removing pc "B" from HP Support Assistant of pc "A", the wrong (!) icon disappeared on both pc "A" and pc "B".

HP Support Assistant of pc "A" only shows pc "A".

HP Support Assistant of pc "B"  shows both pc "A" and pc "B".

The wrong (!) icon is disappeared on both pc's.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@CarLaTeX

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

1. In Windows, search for and open Run.

2. Type RSTRUI.EXE, then press Enter.

Restore system files and settings window opens.

Figure : Restore system files and settings window

Restore system files and settings window

Click Next.

3. In the Date and Time column, select a date when HP Support Assistant opened properly.

Figure : Selecting a Date and Time

Selecting a Date and Time

Click Next.

4. Confirm you restore point date, then click Finish.

Figure : Clicking Finish

Confirm your restore point with Finish selected

The next time you click the HP Support Assistant icon , HP Support Assistant will open.

For more information about system restore, see:

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is a piece of dangerous advice to give to a non-expert user.
I don't know what happened, but I had to reinstall Windows. Fortunately, I kept all my files, but I lost my applications, and now I have to reinstall them.
Lastly, all this trouble didn't solve the problem because the wrong "!" icon is still there.
I'm disappointed and recommend not following this advice to any user who has my same problem.

HP Recommended

@CarLaTeX

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
My warranty has expired.
I'll keep the wrong icon, I prefer it rather than a cure worse than the disease, thanks.
HP Recommended

@CarLaTeX 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Echo_Lake wrote:

@CarLaTeX 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed.

Last time I said I will keep the issue, because your cure is worse than the desease.

While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

I did backup my personal file, what I lost was my applications, and I spent hours to reinstall and customize them again.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

I will not accept this as solution since my problem was not solved, indeed the cure was worse than the disease.

I suspect that whoever answers here is a bot. If I had known it before, I would never have followed the advice given by a machine, and I no longer intend to waste time chatting with a machine.
HP Recommended

@CarLaTeX

Thank you for posting back. 

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

well i had the same prob but i didnt had to do anything just unistall hp support assistance and download again and enter account details and refresh the page. And i am a 12 year old kid who can solve this problem. sorry for punctuation mistakes if i have them cause i had english class. 

HP Recommended

Thank you, Omaru!

Your solution didn't solved my problem yet but it is a very sensible piece of advise, much better than the bot's one!

Now I tried removing the pc "B" from the HP Support Assistant of the pc "A".

On Saturday I'll go to my mother's home where I have the pc "B" and try to add it again and see if the problem is solved, I'll let you know.

Your English is perfectly understandable, keep studying it.

Bye!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.