Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13.5 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 14-ef0000 RCTO Base Model

Hey, the programmable key on my laptop doesn't seem to work. When I assign it to open an application, it says 'could not fetch installed application list, please make sure hotkey service is running'. When I try any of the other features like opening a folder, it doesn't work. I'd appreciate the help!2023-05-27.png 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Parth-Valand04,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with the programmable key on your HP Spectre X360 13.5 Inch 2-in-1 laptop. There could be a few reasons why the key is not working as expected. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try.

• Check the software: Ensure that any necessary software or drivers for the programmable key are properly installed on your laptop. Visit the HP support website and search for your laptop model to find the latest drivers and software updates.
  • Reconfigure the key: If the key was previously programmed, try reconfiguring it. Look for any software or settings that allow you to customize the key's functionality. You may need to consult the user manual or support documentation for your laptop for specific instructions.
  • Test in different applications: Verify if the issue is specific to a particular application or if it persists across all applications. Sometimes, certain applications may have conflicts or limitations with programmable keys.
  • Check for conflicting software: Some third-party software, such as keyboard management utilities or macro programs, can interfere with programmable keys. Temporarily disable or uninstall any such software to see if it resolves the issue.
  • Update the laptop's firmware: Firmware updates can address known issues and improve device functionality. Check the HP support website for any available firmware updates for your laptop model and follow the provided instructions to update it.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.