Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
06-17-2022 02:27 PM - edited 06-17-2022 02:44 PM
I have used Pavilion 15 ab series in the past. Shifted to the Pavalion ec series. Few questions-
1. In the pavilion ab series the actions on the Function keys like brightness/volume up and down could be initiated by just pressing the function key like F2. But in the new ec series Fn+Function keys need to be pressed together. Is there any way to use the function keys without pressing the Fn key?
2. All drivers and windows updates are completed but text in the middle of the screen is like spread out. I mean it looks like someone threw water on text written using an ink pen. It looks kinda cartoonish types. It is same whether I am browsing the internet or have opened MS office. It is hard to explain in the ss, PFA
Any heads up for any setting from where to rectify this?
3. HPSA has updates like BIOS etc. It asks to download them and then it will reinstall those updates. Where does it save the downloaded installer files? Need to delete them after installing them.
4. In the HPSA software the warranty of this laptop is wrong. Can someone share the concerned department's email wherein we can send the purchase invoice so that they can correct the warranty date?
5. These pavilion ec series are dust and fingerprint magnets. The quality of the plastic used is horrible. Is there a recommended cloth or cleaner that can be used to clean these regularly?
6, The touchpad can be used with two fingers to zoom in and out. In the older ab series the same could be used on the desktop to increase or decrease the size of the icons present on the desktop but the same thing is not happening in the pavilion ec series, though two finger zoom in and out is working everywhere else. Any heads up?
06-19-2022 08:16 AM
You should talk to a HP technician because of the many technical issues.
Please report your results.
Dear Community Member, please click the YES button on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and
make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply 'Accept as Solution'.
Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.
Thank you very much
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community