4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Quick Launch Button Software lacks 'Programmable Buttons'

Elitebook 8540w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 using my Elitebook 8540w. However, the quick launch buttons seem to be working incorrectly. When I open the quick launch buttons menu there is no 'programmable buttons' tab and I cannot adjust the function of my quick launch buttons even though that should be the case. 

When I uninstall the quick launch buttons driver the buttons do use my preferred programs for my internet browser and e-mail program but the functionality keys on my keyboard, i.e. for adjusting screen brightness, stop working (Fn + f8-f11).

Is there any properly working driver for the HP Quick launch buttons for Windows 10 at the moment or do I just have to pick the lesser evil?

Thank you in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Provost Provost
Provost
74911 74801 9140 19703
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

All F* buttons are all ready programmed such as F1 for Help, F2 for ...... F12 for wireless... . If you wish to overwrite, you need to use other software.

For example: I use a software called ISPF everyday and the program itself gives me F2 for Spit, F3 for End, F5 for Find, F7 for Up, F8 for Down, F10 for Left, F11 for Right .... up to F24.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Basmo92 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes those are pre-programmed I know that, sorry for the confusion. I meant the quick launch buttons that are located above my keyboard. The ones next to my power button. These include my email, browser, wi-fi toggle, touch pad toggle, volume control and a calculator button. Using W7 these buttons were programmable using the QLB menu. In W10 they lost this function however.

Basically the email button opens outlook and browser button opens edge, which I would like to change to the programs that I have already selected as default programs for windows itself.

0 Kudos
Basmo92 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the effort, but once again this is not the problem that I am having. All my F1...F12 are functioning properly. So are my Fn+[] combinations.

The thing that is not functioning is the option to customize the quick launch buttons located above the keyboard (an option that did work under W7).  For example the buttons shown below (from the actual HP website). These buttons do have functionality but I am unable to customize these functionalities anymore.

0 Kudos
Basmo92 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes I already have the quick launch buttons software installed but when opened, it shows only 2 tabs (the one for button customization is missing)

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation