Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

RANDOM CAPS CERTAIN KEYS DONT WORK NO CLEAR TRIGGER TO ISSUE

HP Recommended
HP FIFTEEN NOTE BOOK PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

SO WHEN I TYPE THINGS ARE IN ALL CAPS hitting the key reverses caps sometimes and i cannot use the numeric keypad the upper row number keys display the symbole allow me to type one two three four it displays !@#$ shift does nothing same for the period key and comma key they display <> some others follow suit ive factory reset and all sorts of stuff but cannot for the life of me find the issue heard it could be the hp assitant causing the issue but not sure

HELP ME

and sorry for the long explination

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,304 3,302 179 339
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@king_SLAYER,

Thanks for stopping by HP Support Forums.

I came across your post and would like to help.

Keyboard issues on the PC. Is that, correct?

I am able to find a suitable article form HP website which provides to solutions to the issue issues like the one you mentioned in your post.

I request you to follow the steps form the link below and check if this fixes the issue.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01458194

Hope the solution answers your query. Feel free to reply back for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried everything listed above and have no posotive results. another thing ive noticed is that when this problem occurs my browsers also start acting up if i click any links it wont redirect me or open a new tab it opens a new broswer page completly for just whar i click on even video players this happens on both the edge browser and google chrome ive also performed a factory reset to see if something somewhere was corrupt but after some time the problem arose again

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,304 3,302 179 339
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey@king_SLAYER,

Thanks for the response.

This appears to be a driver issue, I recommend you to reinstall the operating system and check if the keyboard works fine.

Use the link below to know more about reinstalling the operating system on your PC.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04758961

Hope this helps. Please share for more assistance.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation