Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ProBook 650 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Referencing this thread found here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Archive-Read-Only/how-to-disable-fn-esc-showing-system-info/...

I have yet to find a better way to alter the Fn keys. As you can see within the post, one response was to rename the HPSysInfo.exe file name to something else so that the Esc key does not open the SysInfo window? I am pretty sure there is a way to edit that path somewhere in the OS, maybe the Registry, or maybe at least change how the Fn key does not need to be pressed in order to use the F, Esc, and other top row keys as I would normal on any other keyboard. Another response was to completely disable the Fn key function within the BIOS entirely, something I'd like to avoid unless needed.

The issue and Hotkey Support is mighty old, but this a work laptop I use to work from home and when I need to use the Esc button to close something within a program, it's incredibly inconvenient to have to press the Fn first before using the F keys - or any other top row key for that matter - like I would on a normal keyboard.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.