Bill5335 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: Battery charging only works when lid is closed (sleep mode)

I have the same problem, tried the aforementioned solutions, to no avail. I think this is a design flaw and no simple solution. I suspect some type of viltage control board has failed.

It woukd be nice to know what the sikution is, even if it is too expensive to fix.
1 REPLY
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1153 69 135
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: Battery charging only works when lid is closed (sleep mode)

@Bill5335 wrote:
I have the same problem, tried the aforementioned solutions, to no avail. I think this is a design flaw and no simple solution. I suspect some type of viltage control board has failed.

It woukd be nice to know what the sikution is, even if it is too expensive to fix.

Hi,

Ive encountered a couple of this issues a few weeks ago and havent found any solution so far but by sending the laptop for repair.

If you live within US and the warranty is still up you could call HP and ask for repair HP SUPPORT: 1800 474 6836

Good luck!

Regards,

Norman

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation