Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
MichaelVC Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: Weird Black Bars and lines on text/font

I have the exact same problem. Just bought a new HP laptop like a week ago and the problem is exactly the same. Has a fix been found for this? I read this topic and searched for updates, only update was a Windows 10 update and I installed it. The problem seemed to be fixed but after a couple of hours it appeared again. 

3 REPLIES
MichaelVC Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

example.jpg

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there @MichaelVC

Thanks for joining into the HP Support Forums. I read your post and took a look at the screenshot you had provided. I moved your posts so that they did not become confused when it comes to replies. 

Does this happen in any program? 

Does this happen in certain programs?

Have you tried to do a system restore back to a time when you did not have an issue? 

Have you tried to boot into Safe mode to see if it happens to you there?

What happens when you connect the Notebook to an external monitor? 

Does it happen on the external monitor also? 

If you feel this post has helped you, could help others joining in and looking for a solution or you just want to say cheers, please click the Accept as Solution button and/or the Thumbs Up

If you require further assistance, please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting, your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?) and Which Windows Operating Systems you are running and I would be more than happy to do my best to provide another solution. 

Have a great day!

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Stealthy3 Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi again!
I appreciate the support.
The problem has occurred again earlier on. I hooked the laptop to an external monitor and the issue was still present on the monitor. In other words, I could still see it on the monitor.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation