Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp-14 am091tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How to recover Ms office 2016 home and student that came pre installed on my laptop after replacing hdd as the hdd came with laptop died and also I dont remember the microsoft account I associated with it. Laptop was purchased in July 2017 and the invoice mentions ( Off SLV) some thing related to ms office that i dont know also there is a label on the laptop with Office Home and Student 2016 written on it.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@haresh_141 

The label on the PC should have the product code for MS Office.

You will need to contact HP Customer Support about getting the software as we have no way of providing it to you.

HP worldwide contact info: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

There is no product code on the sticker.

HP Customer Support does not provide chat support for out of warranty laptops.

I have mailed them today and waiting for their reply.

HP Recommended

@haresh_141 

Windows product codes have not been printed on PC stickers since the days that Windows 8 came out and Office product codes the same.  SO with a PC running Win10, there would be no codes printed on it anywhere.

Hopefully, your mailing Support will accomplish something.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.