Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hey All,

So I got my new laptop and finally registered it online to receive the warranty benefits. Everything went smoothly and my account is made and registered.

However, I have been waiting for about 2 hours now for an email confirmation just to keep in my records that everything went smoothly, (need the copy just incase for warranty purposes) but nothing has been sent!

My Email is Correct, I checked spam folder and trash, and no confirmation email from HP yet!

I really need this email to keep in my records, and I am confused why it hasn't been sent yet. Maybe it takes a day or two?

I don't know. Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi  @megamega100,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide:

First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

Yes, it can take a few days for the  warranty update notification.  As you can image you are not the only one, and they have to update the system with the information and this could take a few days.  In the meantime you can check to see if it has been successfully updated on the HP website:

Check your warranty status

If the warranty is not yet updated, give it a few days and recheck.  Should it still not be updated, please contact HP Support and have your warranty information available for them.

Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support.

Please keep me updated on the progress.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs Up” below!  Smiley Happy  If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi  @megamega100,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide:

Yes, it can take a few days for the  warranty update notification.  As you can image you are not the only one, and they have to update the system with the information and this could take a few days.  In the meantime you can check to see if it has been successfully updated on the HP website:

Check your warranty status

If the warranty is not yet updated, give it a few days and recheck.  Should it still not be updated, please contact HP Support and have your warranty information available for them.

Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support.

Please keep me updated on the progress.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs Up” below!  Smiley Happy  If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help.

I also have another question regarding the Warranty. I checked the status and it says my Warranty is a "Base Warranty"

does this mean that if my laptop for some reason were to break or malfunction they could help me by sending me a

replacement or parts?

Also, when I purchased the laptop I was told that it comes with a 2 year Warranty; However, when I checked the status it says that I only have 1 Year remaining on the Warranty?

Is there any way to resolve this? I was honestly expecting a 2 year warranty with my purchase, as was advertised.

Thanks in advance Sparkles1.

HP Recommended

Hi @megamega100,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details. If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works  please review this link:

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.