Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion notebook/N5R46UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Remote admin has total control, hp support software illegally modified as well as intel software including Bluetooth configured to run virtually also WiFi running virtually.. windows defender blocked by remote administrator.. even bitdefender anti virus/malware scanners has malice code were as the alphabet is repeated several times then error were its exploits an ads new code?? This is found in several programs including hp and intel.. reinstalled windows numerous times until .json files were found hiding in d: recovery partition. Txt reveals work around for open port, using Skype, cybermedia ect . even on clean instal remote admin eventually reconfigures software an assumes ownership all this has been found, recorded with pics an screenshots ect.. I have also discovered windows onecore running after remote access even with no data or internet I cannot stop or disable. Some how WiFi an Bluetooth get configured an run virtually giving unauthorized access were illegal modifications to software is done.. help plz

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Squachbass 

We are not HP Tech Support and we have no access of any kind to your PC -- so there is literally nothing we can do from here to make any changes to it at all.

Your best bet at this point would be to do a factory reset from external media -- as that reformats and erases the entire content of the drive, thus removing any infection of any kind.

Since your PC can not successfully do an internal factory reset, your ways to accomplish this are the following:
- Factory reset using external HP image you make
- Factory reset using external HP image you buy

Each of these is discussed in some detail below ...

---------- Factory reset using external HP image you make ----------
HP provides a Cloud Recovery tool that you can use, together with a 32GB USB stick, to create your on HP reset media.

Here is the link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

This works the same as the factory reset described above.

---------- Factory reset using external HP image you buy ----------
For those PCs not supported by the Cloud Recovery, in some cases, HP offers Recover Media for sale. This can not be downloaded; instead, it must be ordered from HP.

HP Recovery Media is a set of DVDs and a CD, or USB stick, that will erase the hard drive (removing all data, settings, and applications, reinstall the original OS, drivers, and some HP Utilities.

In some cases, you may be able to order a USB stick instead of disks.

You can look online for Recovery Media starting with the linked paged: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Once there, input your Product name or number. On your Software and Drivers Download page, select your Operating System and and Version. Click &quot;Update&quot;.<br><br>If HP Recovery Media is available for your machine, down near the bottom of the page, you will see an entry for Order Recovery Media-CD/DVD/USB. Click the &quot;+&quot; symbol to expand that entry and click on Order Media for details.

Or, if you prefer, you can do the same by contacting HP Customer Support.

HP contact info: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

If HP no longer carries the media you need, another site you should check for HP Recovery Media is: http://www.computersurgeons.com/

These work the same as the factory reset described above.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Ok but what do I do about the fact mr remote nt administrator having my credentials and using my oem hp registration as a means to make purchases and register things online?? I’ve swapped hardrives from a next hp laptop, tho windows couldn’t configure the fancy graphics and such it booted and ran.. lasted a week before files showed up sticking out like a sore thumb as this laptop did not have the same preloaded software.. and the .json files found showed entry was gained using oem registration and computer ID, I mite add with no data connection?? So how will new media stop the next intrusion if they can use this info when they feel the need to rob and steal from me ???

HP Recommended

@Squachbass 

I'm confused about how anyone is gaining remote access to your PC.

My PC login information is entirely different than the information I provided HP when I registered to use this site and when I registered my HP products.  From what I recall, that included stuff like e-mail address but nothing about any passwords or pins. 

If you are using PIN, then you are probably making the mistake to sync that PIN information -- as MS suggests.

If you switch your laptop to using a local login, then the PIN information will do no good and will no longer provide access to your PC.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.