cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
10 5 0 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post

Reset user name and password

HP Recommended
Chromebook

Forgot admitting username and password how to bypass or take it off the hp web site

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
30,667 30,616 2,531 3,827
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@sbrandie97

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand you need help with username & password reset,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you attempted a google account recovery option?

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

While you responded to that, here's what you need to do:

If you have forgotten the password for the Google Account that you use to sign in to your Chrome device, you can reset the password using any computer or device with Internet access.

1. Open an Internet browser and navigate to the Google Account Recovery Web page (in English).

2. Select I don't know my password, and then enter the email address that you use to sign in to Google.

3. Click Continue, and then follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password.

When the password is reset, you can sign in to your Google Account on your Chrome device using the new password. Make sure the Chrome device is connected to the Internet before attempting to sign in.

NOTE:

When you log in with the new password, you are notified that using the new password will delete locally-stored data on the computer. Local data stored by other user accounts on the same device is not deleted.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If the above doesn't help, you may have to resort to a power wash: Click here for steps.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
10 5 0 0
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have a hp deskjet 3700 series [611831]. Printer, I was unaware the darn new chromebook 15 did not run Windows. Anyway on the hp web site (the site for changing setting) it is asking me for my administrator user and password I've tried every single thing to get into it
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
30,667 30,616 2,531 3,827
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@sbrandie97

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

As far as I know there is not username & password required for access the HP Support sites,

I believe you are referring to either the router page or the HP Instant Ink account, to help me assist you better, please attach a screen shot of the username/password prompt:

Click here for assistance on attaching photo on HP Forums.

Note: Private message inbox is not monitored and there may be a delay in response.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
10 5 0 0
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended
this is what i need to reset the user & password

HP.com Home
HP DeskJet 3700 All-in-One Printer seriesEmbedded Web Server
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
10 5 0 0
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

it has nothing to do with google its hp .... i have had nothing but issues with this printer and the hp web sites looking me out!!!!

i need to reset user & password for   HP.com HomeHP DeskJet 3700 All-in-One Printer series embedded Web Server/page

and on the ink web site. i have not even been able to collecet the free ink offer when u sign up.......

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,507
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@sbrandie97

Thank you for replying with the information.

As @Riddle_Decipher is out of the office, I'm replying to you. I truly appreciate your efforts and patience. 

I suggest you to restore the network settings on the printer and that should take off the password on the EWS page:

NOTE: Resetting the network settings will disconnect the printer from the wireless network and you will have to reconnect it to the wireless network.

Hope this helps. Let me know the outcome. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
10 5 0 0
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

it wont let me wipe printer

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,507
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@sbrandie97

Thanks for replying.

You may attempt to reset the printer. A private message has been sent with the reset instructions.

A reset will restore the printer to its original factory condition.

Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
6 4 0 1
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have not received that private message if you could please resend that or something so I can try to reset the printer

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation