Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 17-f061us Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to get to download or purchase Recovery Disks for HP Pavilion 17-f061US

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, it would be a lot easier.

Go back and re-read my instructions about reinstalling W10.

You do not need a product key.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP no longer sells recovery media for your notebook and the only other place I know of where you can buy it would be from this vendor at the link below.

Computer Surgeons - Windows 8.1 64bit Recovery Kit 779551-001 For HP Pavilion Notebook PC Model Numb...

It will probably cost you quite a bit of money for postage if they ship internationally.

You can always reinstall W10 for free by making a bootable USB installer with the media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

Boot from the installation flash drive and you will be asked to select the version of W10 you want to install.

Select W10 Home.

Then you will be asked to enter a product key.  Select the 'I don't have a product key' option and W10 will install.

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

HP Pavilion 17-f061us Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Hello @Esa99 

Your notebook is:

HP Pavilion 17-f061us Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)

I have a few questions:

(1) Do you want to do a new installation ?

(2) What is the current operating system ? windows 7, 8 or 10 ?

(3) Do you need help for your current windows system ?

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Hi, 

I want a new installation.

The laptop was sticking. So I created recovery discs and tried to restore. Everytime I reach disc 6 at 95% it gives an error and restarts. I tried it over 6 times to be exact. Got frustrating. I thought it could be the hard drive was faulty. Replaced it and still the same issue. Now I am thinking its the motherboard.

What do you make of this?

HP Recommended

Current OS is Windows 10 I believe. If not it can be Windows 8. Unsure at the moment.

HP Recommended

Your notebook originally came with Windows 8.1.

What I think is the recovery media is not working.

If you were running Windows 10 on your notebook, use the method I provided to reinstall Windows.

If you want to reinstall Windows 8.1, download the plain W8.1 64 bit ISO file from the link below.

Download Windows 8.1 Disc Image (ISO File) (microsoft.com)

You can use the free Rufus utility to transfer the ISO file to a USB flash drive so that it is bootable.

Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way

Or you can use the Microsoft tool that I zipped up and attached below that you can use to transfer the ISO file to a DVD or USB flash drive so that it is bootable.

HP Recommended

Hello @Paul_Tikkanen 

What do you think is the best for user @Esa99  ?

best regards

HP Recommended

Hi, @ub6424 

Since the notebook had W10 installed, I recommend making a plain W10 USB installer and see if that works.

If it doesn't, then I don't know what the problem could be.

HP Recommended

Hi ,

The windows 8.1 link you sent is not working on my end. Any other suggestion?

HP Recommended

Hi, 

The laptop was sticking. So I created recovery discs and tried to restore. Everytime I reach disc 6 at 95% it gives an error and restarts. I tried it over 6 times to be exact. Got frustrating. I thought it could be the hard drive was faulty. Replaced it and still the same issue. Now I am thinking its the motherboard.

What do you make of this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.