11-29-2018 12:43 AM
Hi there. Well, like the title said I have problems with the rotation sensor. I mean my computer used to have a function which turns into tablet mode automatically and also it also change the rotation of m screen according to the orientation of my laptop. However. since July all this has stopped working. Even the option to activate the "automatically rotation" disappeared. Thanks for helping me.
12-01-2018 01:14 PM - edited 12-01-2018 01:15 PM
Welcome to HP Forums,
This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂
I see that you're experiencing an issue with the Rotation sensor,
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- What exactly seems to be an issue with the computer?
- Have you tried to update the drivers as well as the Bios?
- Could you please elaborate more on the issue as this will help me in further assisting you?
While you respond to this post, let's try these steps if you are having issues disabling auto-rotation:
Let's start off by performing a Hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, the keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.
- Next thing, I would suggest here is to try these steps
- Press Win + R -> type 'regedit' and enter
- Registry editor will open up.
- Goto path -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AutoRotation
- Check the value of Enable file if it is 0 rotation will be OFF if 1 rotation will be ON. Restart and check.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,
Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,
Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum. Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
02-23-2019 03:12 PM
Hi there, I tried what you said me but it did not work. Also, I noticed that the value lastorientation restart to 0 automatically. In addition, the "block rotation" option is dissable. I mean I can´t activate or deactivate. Thanks for helping me.