cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Ryzen 7 3700U Envy x360 locking itself to 1.39 Ghz when starting any game.

HP Recommended
Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I bought this laptop from Norway, I didn't have any issues. Everything was running fine until 2 months ago I started to see that my processor would get stuck at 1.39 GHz when I would launch a game or browse game website or even watch streams on Twitch and YouTube. When I would run anything 3D based, the processor would get stuck at 1398 MHz or 1.39 GHz according to HWInfo and task manager respectively. The processor was not thermal throttling as it would never get above 60 degrees. I asked on many forums whether other users had faced the same issue and to no surprise other HP users also had the same issue and/or a more severe case where it would get locked at 400 MHz or 0.39 GHz to be exact. As per their instruction I have tried the following:
1.BIOS update through HP's website for my model - HP ENVY X360 - 13-ar0802no
2.Latest windows update 20H2 and all corresponding updates.
3.Setting High Performance through power options in Windows.
4.Setting minimum processor state to 100%, 99%, 98% etc.

Now this seems to be happening only on HP laptops with ryzen mobile chips. So if HP cant solve it for me, IDK who can. The advanced options in BIOS is also hidden for which I can't change any other options to test it. I can't send it to HP either because I am currently in Bangladesh and there's no way to send it to HP due to current circumstances. Please help, if it doesn't get solved I'll have to switch to other brands which I really don't want.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation