Level 2
11 7 1 4
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

SHIFT KEYS STOPPED WORKING OR WORK INTERMEDLY

HP Recommended
HP SPECTRE X360 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi community, I am currently facing this issue where my shift keys sometimes they work or they respond after five secs of holding the shift key. I am not sure what's causing the issue, I have looked and followed most of the online solutions but it does not solve my issue. There are no particles or anything impeding the keys from doing their job but somehow there is just that "lag" for either (shift keys) to respond. All of the "ease and access" for the keyboard have been disabled but that does not seem to fix the issue and I don't commonly use my shift key so I am not sure as to when the issue began. My only speculation is that the issue could be caused by one of the latest windows update though I cannot confirm it. And since this is a laptop it is not easy to figure out whether it's a hardware issue or software since I cannot unplug the keyboard and plug it in into another PC.

Is anybody else facing similar issues or has found the perpetrator of the issue? If so feel free to leave your solutions below and thanks in advance. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation