hannahbrowder
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Screen turns off when I plug into power source

HP Pavilion 11 x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Whenever I open my laptop and it is plugged into the power source, the screen display does not turn on. When I unplug it, it automatically turns on. It does not matter what the battery percentage is. I have not recently made any changes to my display settings. It seems like everything is working in reverse. Does anyone know a way I can fix this?

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,328 17,221 899 2,529
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Screen turns off when I plug into power source

Welcome to the HP Forums @hannahbrowder

I understand your notebook is not behaving as expected when you connect the power adapter. Please use the following 2 documents to troubleshoot the issue and let me know the outcome of your efforts.

HP Notebook PCs - Using and Testing the AC Power Adapter

HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

If this helps you to resolve the issue, please click the Accept as Solution button below to mark your post as solved. If you require further assistance let me know and I will do all I can to help. 

Cheers! 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation