2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Several issues with my spectre x360

Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

I am experiencing several issues with my notebook.

In order of priority:

1. the clickpad doesn't work properly: it get stuck frequently and I can only wake up it after pressing Esc button. I have tried everything mentioned in the troubleshooting of the HP support assistant (changing configurations, uninstall and reinstall drivers several times, format the PC and reinstall Windows). I am sure it is not an hardware issue since the animated icon tray on the setbar show that the clickpad is responsive;
  2. after trying to solve the clickpad issue something with my BIOS went wrong. I cannot move thorough the menu and for each key I press the notebook returns a sound. I tried to reset the BIOS but the problem is the same and now I have also lost the function keys setting (I really need them since I am intensely working with Excel).
  3. The shift dx with arrow left doesn't work at times.
  4. The notebook seems to not recognize the restart (for example after a driver uninstall or reinstall)

Problem 1 and 3 showed up since I bought the notebook.

I look forward to receiving your help and advice,

Best. 

3 REPLIES
Dean Dean
Dean
8256 746 2317
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello fs152,

How long have you had the X360? I recently acquired an X360 and do not have the issues you are experiencing.

Sounds like you are having keyboard/touchpad issues, even when in the Bios. What is the full model number of your PC?

I could look up any Bios updates if they exist.

Otherwise, I would have only guessed that the Windows Anniversary updates have skewed the OS and would recommend resetting back to factory.

If you have owned this less than a year, you can contact HP Support for warranty issues.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

Let me know what else I can do for you.

0 Kudos
fs152 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I have bought it last August.

The hardware seems working.

I tried to update drivers and BIOS but didn't managed to solve the issues.

I have also an issue withe the sound system. It happens that I cannot switch mute from off to on and viceversa.

0 Kudos
Dean Dean
Dean
8256 746 2317
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am assuming this all started within the last month after the Windows 10 Anniversary updates installed.

That has created nightmares for a lot of people if so.

Reinstall Windows with the HP Recovery. It will be faster than trying to troubleshoot.

If that doesnt do it, then there is something wrong in the hardware.

HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10) 

Before you do, it would be wise to create your HP Recovery Media on a usb stick first.

That will have Windows 10 before the big update.

HP PCs - Creating and Using a Microsoft Recovery USB Drive (Windows 10)

Store it somewhere safe. You cannot make another one as per HP policy.

And you can also use a 2nd usb stick to download Windows 10 directly with the anniversary updates already included using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.

One or the other installs should work. I would try the HP recovery install first.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation