cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
Drewthomas1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Since screen was fixed, HP Pavillion x360 seems to think I'm permanently in tablet mode

HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

As the title suggests, since getting a screen repair my laptop went into tablet mode a few days ago and seems to think its permanently in that mode, more than just aesthetically, as the keyboard and trackpad aren't working.

It's definitely not an issue with the keyboard/trackpad as they work in BIOS and the mute button light comes on when I mute the laptop from the desktop (though not when I press the button itself).  I've checked the drivers, all appear to be working properly, hardware tests and they all report zero problems and even recently did a system reset and also a hard reset of windows to fix the problem a few days ago, which it actually did very briefly though now it has done the same thing again earlier today.

I looked online and this seems to be a reoccurring issue with no resolution.

If anyone could help that would be wonderful.

2 REPLIES 2
praveenbv
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,672 7,670 338 438
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@Drewthomas1, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Please share the product number of the PC to assist you better.

Try the few steps recommended below.

You can try updating Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver and check if that helps.

Update the Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver from this link. Click Here

Also, You can update other drivers on the PC using an HP support assistant.

Refer to this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Also, try changing a few settings: 

Open Settings App and go to System > Display.
Find Orientation and choose Portrait from the menu.
Your device should automatically switch to portrait mode.

Go to Control Panel> Display>Change Display Settings and then make sure that the "Allow the screen to auto-rotate" is selected

Also, Uninstall the Device from Device Manager

Open Device Manager
Expand the Display Adapter section.
Find the Display card Driver.
Right-click Display card Driver and select Uninstall.
Select the checkbox to delete the driver software for this device.
Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.

Lastly, Change the LastOrientation registry value.

If you have problems with Rotation Lock and if the rotation isn’t working on your device, you might have to change some registry values. To do that, follow these steps:

Press Windows Key + R and type Regedit. Press Enter or click OK.
When Registry Editor opens, you need to navigate to the following key in the left pane:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionAutoRotation
In the right pane, find LastOrientation and double-click it.
In the Value data box enter 0 and click OK to save changes.
If you see SensorPresent DWORD available, double-click it and make sure that its value is set to 1.

Refer to this article to know more information about Switching Between Tablet Mode and Desktop Mode. Click Here

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Octaviajon
Level 1
10 10 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Here’s a quick guide on disabling the use of Start Full screen:

1. Press Windows key + R to open up a Run dialog box. Then, type “ms-settings:personalization-start” and press Enter to open the Personalization page directly at the Start tab (via the Settings app).
  2. Inside the Start tab, scroll down through the list of settings and locate Use Start full screen. When you see it, disable the toggle so the option is inactive.
  3. Press Windows key + R to open up a Run dialog box. Then, type “ms-settings:tabletmode” and press Enter to open up the Tablet Mode tab of the System Category (inside the Settings app).
  4. Inside the Tablet mode menu, change the drop-down menu associated with When I sign in to Use desktop mode
  5. Restart your computer and see if the issue is resolved at the next startup.Please refer the link for further steps please visit fix issues with tablet mode .

Please leave a responce here!!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation