Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Model Notebook: HP Pavilion g6-1301tx Notebook PC

Product: A3V67PA

I have upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home in my Notebook.

The software/ drivers of my Notebook available in support.hp.com are for Windows 7 and Windows 8. But no software/drivers are available for Windows 10.  I have installed HP Support Assistant and when I am checking for updates no driver updates are available. So my question is, Shall I update latest drivers that are available for Windows 7/ 8 (64 bit) in support.hp.com or I need to wait for drivers to be updated for Windows 10 when it will be available. 

Also, is there any Microsoft Office Starter available in my updated Windows 10 Notebook as, Microsoft  Office Starter 2010 was available when I purchased my Notebook having Windows 7 (64 bit)? Do I need to purchase Microsoft Office 2019/ 2016/ 2013 for my PC as I would not like to install Office 365subscription pack ?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@dipu_john 

Waiting is  a waste of time because HP is not writing Win10 drivers for the older model laptops.  There are not going to be any.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.