Top Student
6 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spectre x360 seems to be acting on its own

Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Twice today, my laptop set idle and all of a sudden it started to open windows like someone was hacking the computer.  I turned off the wi-fi and it showed windows with scripts opening mainly on the left bottom corner of the screen.  I bought this laptop 4 days ago and I've not loaded much on it.  

Has anyone had this problem?  When I turn it to tablet mode it stops.  I have videos of it if needed.

5 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome @LAK55, 

I will do my absolute best to help you come to a resolution. I understand that you are having an issue with your HP Spectre x360 having a mind of its own and opening windows etc without you navigating. 

When we have come to a resolution, please share what worked for you with others by marking this post as an Accepted Solution. If you would like to show your appreciation for my efforts today, please take a second to click the Thumbs Up button below.

Have you tried to do updates using the HP Support Assistant? 
Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating.

Have you tried to do all of  your Windows Updates?

Have you tried performing a hard reset?

Please do a clean boot and let me know if the issue continues to occur while you are in "clean boot mode".  If you click on the link, you will find step by step instructions on how to perform a clean boot. 

Please follow the steps below, and see if they work:  

• Type in Search, "Device Manager", 
  • Click On Device Manager,
  • Expand Mice and other pointing devices,  
  • Right Click on the TouchPad, 
  • Click on Uninstall,
  • Restart the Notebook twice, 

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and the answers to the questions above. Could you please provide me with your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?). 

Don't forget to click the Thumbs Up to show your appreciation. 

Thank you for joining the HP Support Community!
Have a great day! Smiley Happy

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
LAK55 Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for your reply and tips.  I am not sure what causing this and quite honestly, I am not expecting a 4 day old laptop to react this way.  

I'll consider your suggestions if it happens to do it again.  I am observing its behaviour today to see if it happens again.  

Thank you.

Lucia

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @LAK55

I completely understand. Please let me know if it happens again. 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
0 Kudos
LAK55 Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think I've figured out what happens.  The mouse cursor gets stuck in a corner and it keeps on clicking until I force restart the laptop.  It has happened a few time and I am monitoring my laptop to see if it happens again.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey!

Oh no! Try following the steps I had previously provided to see if they help get the cursor to act appropriately. 

Let me know the details of each step you take. 

Thanks! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation