Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Star wars content missing after windows 10 refresh

Star Wars SE 15-an000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have done a refresh of my Windows 10 Pro OS (upgraded from home to pro a while back) - after refreshing I can no longer find the star wars content and reinstalling the command center app has not worked.

The app opens but does not display any themes, pictures, screensavers or audio and the icons also do not change.

I can not find where I download this pack from and would really like to recover this content as I bought this for the star wars nerd in me!

I have updated the BIOS, reinstalled the Command Center app several times and ran update several times incase.

Can someone help? thanks

Kris

6 REPLIES 6
Provost Provost
Provost
38969 38784 5977 10415
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do you still have a folder called C:\swsetup on the hard drive? This should contain all the originally loaded drivers and HP apps and content. 

0 Kudos
krazyspencer Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Huffer,

Yes this is still in the same place with many SP numbered folders, sw_ver, APP and DRV folders.

Also noticed this includes the recent downloads I made from the HP support site for the Command Centre.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
38969 38784 5977 10415
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There should be an installer for the Star Wars content in there

0 Kudos
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have run through and there is nothing for the content specifically, the command centre opens but does not display any themes or sounds or even the screensavers.

I have run the repair, removed and reinstalled etc.. but the content is still not there so I can't apply the themes.

I am not sure what else to try! I also can't seem to find the files to apply them manually 😞 still looking though, any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks for your help by the way! 🙂

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
9275 9140 874 2611
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi all,

I have seen this question many times on the net about HP not supplying the actual content other than the command center.

I can only assume it may be some sort of copyright agreement HP may have made with Disney. 

I did find a thread on the Windows Central forum where a guy (gwh34t) was kind enough to upload the content from his HP Star Wars laptop. 

NOTE: HP nor myself have any affiliation to the link above. Use at your own risk.

The command center will only install on the HP Star Wars edition laptops.

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks, I will try to get that, it seems really bad that they don't have the content available as a download for the laptop .. I mean everyone is likely to do a refresh at some point! and the star wars content is why we got the special edition!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation