Post new question
Question
Start Up Problem- HP Pavilion dv6
Replies (14)

Student
Message 11 of 15 (3,894 Views)

Re: Start Up Problem- HP Pavilion dv6

From what I'm reading, neither will I. I used to be an HP fan, no more.
Student
Message 12 of 15 (3,613 Views)

All of a sudden I turn on my dv6-6167 and it goes through the first few steps, but doesn't load the desktop. A couple of boxes pop-up, one says the recycle bin is corrupted and do I want to empty it. The other is a request to update advanced system care. I answered yes to both but all I got was a request to buy the new adv sys care. What happened and how can I fix it. I do not have a start-up disc. The repair is on the hard drive, but how do I access it.

Student
Message 13 of 15 (2,615 Views)

Start Up Problem- HP Pavilion dv6

Bought my HP laptop in March this year and over the past 2-3 months I am having a problem on start-up- when I press the power button to turn on the laptop it takes two or three goes for it to actually turn the laptop on; most of the time the laptop makes sounds as if it is turning on and the lights appear but then it just goes off again. I am holding down the power button firmly and for long enough so I don't understand what the problem is; this happens whether the laptop is plugged in or on battery. Anyone else having the same prob?

Student
Message 14 of 15 (1,837 Views)

Yes, my SD card light stays on.  I don't get to the HP screen, but hitting ESC multiple times seems to keep the system from auto-reboot.  the sam works for the F10 key.

Student
Message 15 of 15 (1,535 Views)

Looks like I am one of the lucky ones. My HP Pavillion dv6 only started having this problem after replacement of the mother board (after my daughter had sent it flying accross the room while running in huge Rooster slippers and tripping on the power line). Friday, it gave up the ghost, completely. The  fan goes to speed, the indicator lights go on and off, as if it's running a standby cycle, but now no picture appears, whatsoever on the screen. I talked to my techie and he said it sounds like the VGA ?pod? died on the motherboard. Does this sound like a solution?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation