Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
iruemhenzy Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Storage

HP Stream 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! I've been using my HP Stream 13 for almost a month and I find a very confusing part about the storage. My computer has 32 GB storage and 2GB RAM. To save storage, since the internal memory is minimal, I inserted a 128 GB usb 3.0 and store all my files there so that internal storage won't decrease. However, the memory still keeps decreasing as I continue using the Laptop. I tried using CC Cleaner so that somehow I could delete unnecessary files. But still it didn't work. So from time to time I check storage about the allocation of files, what type increases so bad that it eats up the memory.  Then I noticed that the System & reserved is increasing so as my temp files plus I couldn't delete the temp files. At the moment, my free storage is 2.01 GB. This is bothering me. Is this normal? haha if not, what could I do about this? By the way my laptop is not partitioned. 

5 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 178 334
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Storage

Hi@iruemhenzy,

Thanks for using the HP Forums. One Stop for all sort of solutions for your HP Products

I have read your post and understand that you are unable to find the right memory size. Is that, right?

I request you to perform the steps from the link below and check if the issue is solved.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05207140

This should solve the issue.  Let me know for more solution.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
iruemhenzy Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Storage

Your suggested soulution was just troubleshooting. How can I free storage which is basically increasing when I don't store anything? I mentioned using a USB, and that is where I store all my files. May be cache's? I use CC Cleaner all the time just to free space. However it doesn't help that much. ATM, my free space is 1.77 GB and I don't know what to do.  

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13612 899 1541
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Storage

Hi @iruemhenzy

Thank you for posting back.

Follow the steps in the below link from Microsoft to free up space on your hard driver. Follow steps USE DISK CLEANUP.

Let me know how it goes and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
87 4 13
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Storage

QUOTE: This is bothering me. Is this normal?

A big YES.  Don't expect more that about 5GB or so free ever.  I have had my HP Stream 11 (not the 13) for exactly a year now as of today, and it is a constant battle to keep cleaning it so that it doesn't eat all the storage space.  The good news is in all that time it has never shrunk less than approximately 5GB free each time I clean it up.  I even installed the Anniversary Update and all the subsequent updatessince then and that is still the case.  So, enough of that.  What do i do to keep it that way:

See my post in another thread here:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/No-available-memory-Stream-13/m-...

Also, regarding the temp files.  If you are talking about deleting them from the settings menu, I am in the same boat.  It never deletes them.  A Windows bug?  I don't know.  Luckily, whatever temp files they are talking about there never get very large.  Just delete what you can with CCleaner and the instructions I have given above.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12477 682 825
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Storage

Thanks for your reply.

Don't worry as we should be able to work together and obtain more space on your drive:

•  Run the Disk Cleanup tool, and then at the bottom of the window that pops up, click on "Clean up system files". Check everything, hit  OK, and let it run. You will free up several GB for sure.
  •  Another thing to do is disable hibernate file. Run CMD as Administrator, and type the following:
  •  powercfg hibernate off
  •  Enjoy your extra space!

For a related link on HP Forums: Click here (Though the header/title may be different, the steps will help resolve your concern).

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation