2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Sudden Failure HP Omen Notebook

HP Recommended
HP OMEN Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone:

Today my HP Omen laptop stopped working properly, the first thing that came to my attention was when I turned it on and the LED keyboard didn't light up as it normally does. After that, I noticed my wired mouse didn't work as well. I tried plugging other USB devices into my laptop and none worked, but they did work in other computers.
Furthermore, I used the HP Omen Control to try and change the colour/light settings for the keyboard, but I noticed the program was not performing as usual, it was slow and laggy, and it didn't change the colour nor the brightness of the keyboard at all. I rebooted my computer and the keyboard lit up partially (only the right part of it). After many reboots, I noticed the keyboard only lit up partially in different parts each time.
Leaving that aside, i tried to fix the USB 3.0 Ports without success until I formatted the laptop using the HP Recovery tool. To my surprise, the keyboard still didn't work properly. The USB Ports started working again until I updated Windows to its latest version and build (1909).
Is there anything I could do to make my laptop work as it did just one day ago? I have tried uninstalling the USB 3.0 drivers, updating them, but nothing seems to work. I have also tried using the HP Support Assistant, but it was of no help, too.

Thanks in advance for any responses,

Eduardo

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation