Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15 Notebook PC G0T59AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am getting a call from (800) 582-2507 and they say that they are HP employees.  They go on to tell me that my PC is sending error code to HP and they can helpme fix it.  They then point me to the "Administrative Events" in control panel to show me the errors.  At that point I told them that I do not believe they are HP employees and hung up.  I Never called them they called me because of the "errors" that HP is receiving from my PC.  They even claim they know the serial number of my PC.

Please confirm that this is a spam.

HP ENVY 15t Quad TouchSmart
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@neil154154

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Unfortunately, YES -- this is a SCAM.

We don't know HOW, but HP customer information seems to be "out there" and swindlers are using that information to contact HP customers to con them out of their money.

There is a link on the HP support site mentioning this.

You did good not caving in to these folks.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@neil154154

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Unfortunately, YES -- this is a SCAM.

We don't know HOW, but HP customer information seems to be "out there" and swindlers are using that information to contact HP customers to con them out of their money.

There is a link on the HP support site mentioning this.

You did good not caving in to these folks.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi,

It is Spam, Hp will not call you out of the blue and ask you to look on the computer for errors. Next they probably would have tried to corrupt the system in some way.

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

I have just received a call from 885967257, at this point I see this is not a valid number. However they called me to say that my computer is downloading virus material and they can show me what is being downloaded. I asked for a number to call them back because I was not able to get infront of my computer. Has anyone else experienced this??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.