Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caitano
Level 1
12 8 0 0
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The HP preinstalled camera and photos app is not launching but other alternative camera apps work.

HP Laptop 14-cf1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The Microsoft apps installed in my computer such as camera and photos are not working.I tried resetting the app and reinstalling it but it did not work.Can you tell me how to fix this? I have previously uninstalled some bloatware

12 REPLIES 12
Level 15
Level 15
9,837 9,833 926 2,691
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The HP preinstalled camera and photos app is not launching but other alternative camera apps work.

I suspect the process of "I have previously uninstalled some bloatware" did some damage to the files needed for that.

Depending on the age of that laptop, it might be possible to start over.  Please give the complete model number.

HP Laptop 14-cf1XX is a generic model.  Fill in the xxx with numbers

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

Caitano
Level 1
12 8 0 0
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 14-cf1502sa

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
9,837 9,833 926 2,691
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is a HP Cloud Recovery for that

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

Click on the HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads

If you wish to not want the "bloatware" that will be reinstalled, then one could go here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

and make the reinstall media, do a clean Windows 10 install.  There would be only MS Windows 10 from that link.  But then would need to reinstall HP software from the support page.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!

Caitano
Level 1
12 8 0 0
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you very much.I just have to get my 32 GB USB now to do this. 

0 Kudos
Caitano
Level 1
12 8 0 0
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

is there any other method incase this does'nt quite work. It says that my product id is wrong when its actually the right one.Can you please tell what I can do ?

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
9,837 9,833 926 2,691
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If the HP website says the product ID is incorrect, then the HP Cloud Recovery  most likely will not be allowed to complete.  That does not prevent the second link  - the one from MS to give you a means to get things back in order.  However, it might be a problem later on.  I would get the Windows 10 OS working properly and then go to the support page and see how that page identifies the PC.

https://support.hp.com/us-en

then pick "Let HP detect your product" and see what is reports.

I'm not an HP employee.

0 Kudos
Caitano
Level 1
12 8 0 0
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The second link doesn't open sir.

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
9,837 9,833 926 2,691
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Are you saying this link does not work?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I see my link includes the EN-US in the link.  Search for the  Microsoft Windows 10 Installation / Media Creation Tool in your country.  That might be the problem.

I'm not an HP employee.

0 Kudos
Caitano
Level 1
12 8 0 0
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am able to use this link but it did not help with repairing microsoft camera and microsoft photos. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation