cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KristianIvanov
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

The fans turn way to late. The notebook becomes uncomfortably hot.

HP Recommended
Envy x360 13-ay0003nn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

With BIOS F16 the fans on the notebook in HP Optimized turn on only if the CPU temp stays at 100 degrees or more for over 2 minutes. This is quite unacceptable as the bottom of the notebook becomes too hot to even hold it on my lap. It almost burns. The current solution I have is to use BIOS F14. The fan should turn on quietly on low when the CPU is at 70 for example. If you won't fix this, at least let us adjust the fan curve.

1 REPLY 1
KristianIvanov
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After re-installing the BIOS, the fan turns on at low speed at around 70 degrees and the notebook stays quiet and cool. That is the performance I wanna see. It appears that after some months the BIOS all of a sudden decides it doesn't like the fan turning on at all so it changes the curve. Re-installing the bios fixes it. But still- not an ideal solution. Please try fixing it for the next BIOS release.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation