Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
kaswistry Top Student
Top Student
3 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad Not Working After Failed Firmware Update

Hello Everyone!

So here's the situation. I updated my m6-1045dx to Windows 8 Fresh Install. Among those that I applied was sp58572.exe found here which I will refer to as "patch". However, for some reason, the updater quit and now, my touchpad DOES NOT WORK.

I think it's a firmware issue in the sense that I've already reinstalled Windows 8 TWICE and yet it still does not work. I think what needs to be done is to update the driver correctly and then use the patch to correct the firmware.

The problem is that I tried restarting, shutting down multiple times, reinstalling the driver (both the one provided by HP for my model and the one on the synaptics website) to no avail.

Everytime, I try to run the patch, I only get the error message "A synaptics pointing device driver is required for reflasing. Please install a synaptics driver version 15.1.6.0 or newer".

The problem is that it doesn't work EVEN if I install a newer device driver.

Any help you can give will be much appreciated. Thank you.

5 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
5476 338 861
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi kaswistry,

Welcome to the HPCommunity, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see that you are having some issues with your TouchPad. Go to your Device Manager and under “Mice and other pointing devices” you should see Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad. If it is listed there right click and select uninstall then restart your computer and try to install sp58572.exe again. If there is an yellow ! then right click and select Update Driver Software. If anything else is listed there let me know what it is.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
kaswistry Top Student
Top Student
3 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I fixed this by removing the laptop battery and power supply and pressing the power button for 30 seconds. Hope that helps everyone.

RameezRajah Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

this solution worked for me dude.i removed the battery and ac for 30 seconds and worked again.Cheers.

0 Kudos
Rishiroke Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I tried as you have mentioned. But it's not working.

Please help me out.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
16528 215 879
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation