Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 3 (134 Views)

Touchpad not working. Will not show up in Device Manager or Mouse Settings.

Product Name: HP Stream Notebook - 11-d020nr
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently was able to reset my laptop via USB. However, I had some drivers missing, which I reinstalled. One of them, which was not showing up at all on the device manager or the mouse settings, was the touchpad. I tried installing the driver two times, and the touchpad still does not work. The cursor wil not even show up, and it still does not show up in the device manager or the mouse settings. I am not sure if I should reset my laptop again, seeing as the touchpad stopped working after I already reset it, when before it was working just fine. What should I do about this?

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (126 Views)

Re: Touchpad not working. Will not show up in Device Manager or Mouse Settings.

Hi,

Please try to download and install the following  Synaptics TouchPad Driver for your machine:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71867.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Highlighted
Top Student
Message 3 of 3 (119 Views)

Re: Touchpad not working. Will not show up in Device Manager or Mouse Settings.

That's the exact driver I installed twice and the touchpad still does not work...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation