Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

No, everything was just reinstalled on boot, worked for my usb mouse but not the touchpad even after deleting those drives it still worked. So there must be another entry for it somewhere. 

HP Recommended

@Groves8133

Thank you for posting back. 

As we tried most relevant troubleshooting steps and other methods to disable the touchpad,

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the help but don’t think I’ll be letting someone have remote access to my computer, call me paranoid but don’t like the thought. Thanks all the same but can’t see how someone else going through the steps will help .

HP Recommended

@Groves8133

Thank you for posting back, 

I understand your privacy is important. As we performed relevant troubleshooting steps and the still issue persists. That's the only moto behind this method take control of your computer and fix it. If its hardware related issue, you can ship the unit in for repair. 

Let's try to perform a system factory reset which will reinstall all the original factory shipped software and drivers. By this way, we can isolate the failure. 

Click here:https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961#AbT3  to perform a System Recovery (Windows 10)

Note: Back up all personal files and read all caution statements before performing a system recovery.

Keep me posted.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It’s fine, but I won’t be doing that. It’s a brand new computer and has been like it since day one, it’s not that big of an issue more just an annoying. That you for your help but unless you have any ideas or know if this particular model doesn’t have this feature I’m happy we’re I am with it.

HP Recommended

@Groves8133

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.