Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Unknown

I have the same camera on my Envy 17 and have tried everything for over a year with no solution. Microsoft wiped out the drivers with a windows 10 update and have never done nothing to fix the problem. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi! @DrewMann

Do you see the webcam listed in the device manager?

Please share the product number of the PC to assist you better.

However, please try the steps recommended below and check if it helps.

Try updating the BIOS and other drivers on the PC to the latest version using HP support assistant and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know more information about using the HP support assistant. Click Here

There are no particular drivers for web camera, All the webcameras use a basic driver from the windows update.

Try the steps recommended below and check if it helps.

In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
Double-click Imaging Devices to expand the list of webcam drivers.
If there is no Imaging devices category listed in Device Manager, stop using these steps and see the section Webcam is not listed in Device Manager in this document.
If more than one webcam driver is listed, right-click the driver and select uninstall for any driver that is not the HP Webcam-101 or Microsoft USB Video Device driver. Once the other drivers have been removed, restart your computer and open your software. If problems persist, continue using these steps.
Right-click the name of the webcam in the Images Devices category (HP Webcam-101 or Microsoft USB Video Device), and select Update Driver Software.
Click Browse the computer to select a specific USB Video Device driver.
Double-click Imaging Devices to expand the list of webcam drivers, right-click the webcam driver, and then select Properties.
Make a note of the existing name of the webcam driver (Example: HP Webcam), as it might change after the update.
On the Webcam Properties window, select Update Driver....
Select to Browse the computer for the desired driver.
Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
Remove the selection from Show compatible hardware.
Select Microsoft in the Manufacturer field, and select USB Video Device in the Model field.
Click Next to install the webcam driver.
Allow the installation of the USB Video Device, and then click Close.
After the device has been updated to USB Video Device in Device Manager, restart your computer and open your software.
If problems persist, install the latest BIOS update from HP and get all the latest Windows updates from Microsoft.

Refer this article to know more information about webcam issues with the laptop. Click Here

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi A4Apollo, I don't have imaging devices in device manager. I just have HP Truevision HD webcam, but no software. When I click update on the driver it says the best driver is already installed. This driver: 10.0.17134.1 this date: 21-Jun-06. I've tried everything you have suggested with no luck. I've even downloaded the recommended Youcam software and that also doesn't work. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.