Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello All,

I have an HP Pavilion DV7-4113TX laptop since new. I have upgraded the operating system to Win10 Home 64x and it is running smoothly. Only problem I have is the cooling fan is no longer being controlled by the system controller, but have solved this problem with  notebook fancontrol . 

I now use this laptop as a test mule and would like to upgrade it to Win11, but require a UEFI bios to do so, so my question is, is there a bios upgrade to UEFI for this laptop. My current bios ver. is F.29 rA.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Mark:

There are no BIOS updates that add UEFI support for a legacy BIOS, and F.29 was the last BIOS update HP released for your notebook.

If you're interested in trying out W11, I can give you two easy ways to bypass the W11 hardware checks so you can perform an in-place upgrade to W11 on your PC, allowing you to keep your installed programs, files, and settings, and a way to easily go back to W10 after the default 'return to W10' period expires, in case W11 doesn't work properly on your particular PC.

I've done it on one HP notebook older than yours that met none of the W11 hardware requirements.

My non-W11 supported PC's work fine, and get all of the W11 updates.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi, Mark:

There are no BIOS updates that add UEFI support for a legacy BIOS, and F.29 was the last BIOS update HP released for your notebook.

If you're interested in trying out W11, I can give you two easy ways to bypass the W11 hardware checks so you can perform an in-place upgrade to W11 on your PC, allowing you to keep your installed programs, files, and settings, and a way to easily go back to W10 after the default 'return to W10' period expires, in case W11 doesn't work properly on your particular PC.

I've done it on one HP notebook older than yours that met none of the W11 hardware requirements.

My non-W11 supported PC's work fine, and get all of the W11 updates.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.