Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello, 
I bought a new docking station (BML USB-C multiport docking station L) and it works perfectly for my mouse and keyboard, unfortunately when I want to project my laptop screen to another monitor it's not possible through this station. When I try the same thing without docking station, it works. My PC simply doesn't recognize monitor when I connect it through the docking station, which is connected to my PC through USB-C. Docking station itself works perfectly with any other PC. In my PC it isn't possible to connect the monitor thourgh the docking station nor by HDMI or VGA. Somehow my PC doesn't recognize those devices. I've already downloaded drivers for USB C (universal ones from HP) that should support docking stations. Also I updated graphic drivers and BIOS drivers, HP driver for chipset.... Still no luck.

I would be very thankful for any suggestions.
P. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Paja1 

Given the date of your post, I would have expected someone to respond to it before this -- but since that has not happened, I will take a shot at it ...

My guess is that the USB-C port is a charging port, not a standard port, and that is why it's not sending the right signals to the docking station to support the monitor.

You provided us no product info on the PC, so you would need to Google for specs on your PC to see if that is the case.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.