drdave6
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

USB C port works intermittently and stops when safe ejection is used

HP Recommended
HP ProBook 450 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have used Krazy Toad's solution, which involves uninstalling  and reinstalling the USB HUB  and unchecking  the box  on the Power Management Tab of the USB Root HUB port "which allows the computer to turnoff the device to save power" with excellent results for restoring functionality to the USB-C port. However, the solution is temporary. When I safely eject my Samsung Portable SSD T5 backup, the USB-C  port will not recognize the device until I have uninstalled and reinstalled the USB HUB.  Sometimes simply using the ProBook on battey power causes it to lose the USB-C connection. Doesn't this defect indicate a glitch in the Windows software, and shouldn't it have been fixed by now? I am presently running the BIOS released 4/27/2020. on a one-year old HP ProBook.  Why does the problem remain.?

Thank you,

David J Silver, MD

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation