Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cobhc100 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

USB Controllers Missing from Device Manager and I've tried a lot of things!

Star WarsNotebook - 15-an050nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I recently got the Blue Screen of Death for IRQL_NOT-LESS_OR_EQUAL, and when my computer came back on, it no longer recognized my USB ports. In Device Manger under Universal Serial Bus Controllers, the icons next to all the USB ports were greyed out and none of the ports worked. After browsing forums, most people suggested uninstalling them each and then restarting the computer and Windows should automatically reinstall them. I tried that, but now in Device Manger, Universal Serial Bus Controllers is missing from the list. I tried updating chipset drivers and BIOS drivers for this specific computer model, but the USB section of Device Manager is still not there. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
18,630 17,373 953 2,195
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @cobhc100,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I read your post and wanted to reach out to help you! In your post, you had said that currently your Star Wars 15-an050nr Notebook gave you an error message-IRQL_NOT-LESS_OR_EQUAL. You can do a system restore. System restore will help if something automatically updated and did not go well on the Notebook.

When performing a System restore please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices as they can cause issues.

Please get back to me how this goes.

Please click the Accept as Solution if you feel this post has helped you, or could help others. You can say thanks easily by clicking the Thumbs Up below!Smiley Very Happy

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
cobhc100 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey!

Thanks for your suggestion, but it did not work completely. My USB ports returned to the Device Manager, but now the icons for them are just all greyed out and my computer won't recognize them. Also, my computer can't find my webcam still.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
18,630 17,373 953 2,195
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @cobhc100,

Please call us http://ow.ly/Xa6p5 They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation