Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Probook 6460B
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have HP probook 6460b Core i3 it has option of USB boot but it is not supporting it
how to fix it ?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

please someone help me

HP Recommended

Hello Leon,

I'll try to help best I can. There are lots of variables that can cause a usb drive to not boot.

Would you explain in detail what you are trying to boot with (software and how it was created) and what steps you have taken to boot into the laptop?

Also, did you disable Secure Boot and enable Legacy (if available) in the Bios?

Are the ports enabled in the Bios for booting? BIOS-enabled security features in HP business notebooks - display

HP Recommended

thanks for replying

first step i took to make a bootable usb through PowerISO ...

when it is done. i try to bootup my laptop by that bootable use but it is not supporting it

same time same bootable usb is working on my PC perfectly...

i know i have to change few settings in BIOS but i don't know which are those  .... i enbale fastboot but nothing happened

HP Recommended

Okay, details will help me to better help you.

What is the iso you are using PowerISO to create?

Also, you dont enable fast boot.

I dont have access to your model probook, so Im having to be general here.

Depending on what you are burning to your usb, you will probably need to disable Secure Boot and enable Legacy Mode (if its available). Most likely somewhere  in the bios under System Configuration/Boot Options or similar.

Once you make the changes, you click on Save and Exit. The system will reboot and ask you to enter a code to allow the changes to the bios. It will show you some numbers to enter. As you type them, they will not show on screen. This is normal.

The USB bootable should show up under the boot options list when you tap F9 when starting the laptop.

HP Recommended

2nd.png

this is my bios setting in boot option

HP Recommended

That image doesnt tell me anything.

Also, What iso are you using poweriso to make bootable?

HP Recommended

As you navigate the upper tabs of the bios, is there an option for System Configuration?

It will look something similar to this...

Boot Options selection in the System Configuration window

Then

Secure Boot: Enabled

HP Recommended

Untitled-min(1).jpg

i am showing you that, there is no option of secure boot? in boot options

and i use .iso File to make bootable usb

HP Recommended

LEON, I understand what the picture is.

Its not in boot options, System Configuration is in the Bios Setup.

Go to F10 for Bios setup when you start the computer.

Look at this video...

HP Laptop: How to Enter BIOS Setup Utility - YouTube

Then look at the images I posted above.

Also I asked you what kind of iso file are you trying to boot, a version of Windows, Linux or something else?

IF you dont understand/answer my questions, I cannot help you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.