Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cs2xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop's USB ports are not working correctly. They keep not being able to recognize devices such as mice, keyboards, and when I plug in my phone to the USB. But when I plug in devices that light up, such as my cooling fan for the laptop and one of the keyboards I own also that has lights, light up meaning the USB ports are powering the devices. Also my flash drive works just fine when put in the USB port. I've been trying to troubleshoot this problem for weeks. I've reinstalled windows, I've ran diagnostics over and over, I've tried updating whatever drivers I could as well as uninstalling the device from device manager. I've also tried uninstalling the USB controller in device manager and had it reinstall itself like it does. I don't know if it could possibly be a hardware issue the laptop is brand new and I have not damaged it. I was thinking it was probably software or maybe I messed with a certain setting that I shouldn't have. I've plugged the devices into other computers and used other devices and everything works perfect so I know its the ports, Any ideas? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ThatDudeGuy123,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the USB ports on the computer are not working correctly.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I see that you have already followed all the relevant troubleshooting steps and it looks like a hardware issue. I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.