Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

USB ports not working (43)

hp laptop 15-ay026nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have a problem with my laptop after an update from windows 10 the usb ports no longer work, none. I tried everything: updating, uninstall, remove battery, complete reset of my laptop but nothing helps

the code is 43

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,418 5,419 213 355
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

USB ports not working (43)

@Tebbe Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the USB port is not working.

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Please open the device manager.
  • Expand "Universal serial bus controllers". Right-click on the drivers listed in it and select uninstall them.
  • Close the device manager.
  • Restart the PC. The Windows operating system will automatically reinstall the USB drivers while restarting. 

If the issue persists then disconnect the USB devices one by one and check upon disconnected which USB device the error goes away. If the issue persists then let us run the hardware test on the USB. The following steps will help:

• First, update the hardware test UEFI menu: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp80501-81000/sp80721.exe
  • Restart the PC once the update completes.
  • Now please follow the below steps to run the hardware test on the USB:
  • Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

• The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.

Figure :  Example of HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

• Select component tests.

Figure : Example of the component Tests options

List of the Component tests

• Initiate a test on the USB Port - This test is interactive and requires you to connect an external USB device, like a mouse, keyboard, or USB flash drive when prompted. Before running the test, make sure there are no USB devices connected to the port you want to test. To start the test, click USB Port, click Run once, and then connect a USB device to the port you want to test.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation